Move Out Process
Please login to your portal to provide your move-out notice.
Follow this list to maximize your deposit return:
- CLEANING: Leave the property clean and free of debris/belongings inside and out. This includes appliances, sinks, toilets, bath tubs, showers, floors, vanities, light fixtures, fireplaces, removal of cobwebs inside and out, windows inside and out, window sills and door casings, mini-blinds, drawers and shelves,etc… leaving a property excessively dirty is not considered normal wear and tear
- TRASH: Do not leave trash that exceeds the normal pickup, you must arrange to have it hauled away. All other trash is to be placed within the trash receptacles for normal trash removal.
- CARPET: Our lease addendum states that you are responsible for having the carpet professionally cleaned upon move out. Most of our carpets have a 5 year wear rating – you will not be charged for standard wear and tear. Stains, burns, and pet odor are not normal wear and tear. If the carpets are so badly stained or damaged that we must replace them, you will be charged the cost of the new carpet on a pro-rated basis. For example, if you live in a property for 1 year, but the carpet is damaged so badly that we must replace it, you would be charged for the 4 years of remaining carpet life. If you live in the property 5 years or more, you would not be charged any carpet costs.
- PAINTING: You may hire a professional to touch up paint. Do not spackle, putty, or touch up paint unless absolutely sure the paint will match. If your painter is not careful, or it doesn’t match, you will be charged for unnecessary painting/repairs. Please call our office for the exact paint color! Charges for painting depend on length of time in the property and whether it exceeds normal wear and tear.
- DRAPERIES: You are not expected to clean draperies, unless they are stained. Do not wash draperies; they must be dry cleaned.
- LIGHT BULBS, FILTERS, SMOKE DETECTOR BATTERIES, DOOR STOPS: These items must be in place and working or you will be charged. Please replace any of these missing items.
- PEST CONTROL: If the property is found to have an excess of ants, roaches, spiders, fleas,cobwebs, etc, you may be responsible for professional extermination upon move-out.
- LANDSCAPE: Please follow your lease agreement. The outside lawn, trees, and shrubs are to be neatly mowed, trimmed, pruned and watered, and all trash, debris, and grease on concrete to be removed. Any animal droppings are to be picked up and removed.
Lights/Water/Gas: Schedule these utilities to be terminated 5 days AFTER your move out date, so that we can perform your move out inspection. You may terminate all other services (Cable/Internet/Alarm/Lawn/Pool Care, etc) as of the date of move out.
If you pay rent through your bank’s bill pay service, remember to cancel that as well.
Return all keys, garage door remotes, pool cards, gate keys, etc. to our office immediately upon move out. Remember to provide us with a forwarding address, if you haven’t already.
After you have moved out and returned keys, we will do a thorough walk-through inspection with documentation and photographs to assess any damages beyond normal wear and tear. Tenants may not attend the inspection. After the inspection is complete, we will mail your deposit statement & check within 30 days of move out (provided that you have given us your forwarding address).